Thursday, August 30, 2007

What's Your Definition of Respect?

I thought I would write a post about something that is so often neglected in our society. What happened to us obeying our authority and respecting those who serve us, and those who are over us.

Stacie's definition of Respect in the Stacie Dictionary:

a) Honoring those you love and all people
b) Humbling yourself
c) Considering others better than yourself
d) Putting other's needs before your own
e) Treating the elderly with the proper respect they are due
f) Fearing God
g) Obeying God and authority in our lives
h) Even if we don't agree with our authority, we still need to respect them

This does not mean I always act out my definitions I listed here. But I pray that we'll bring back the respect that is lost in our culture. Let's try to all make a difference by respecting people and considering them better than ourselves. It's something I'll always need to work on. Let's all make a change and RESPECT because God told us to.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Yeah, we definitely need to bring back respect in our culture. It is horrible these days.

Welcome to Stacie's blog~!!