Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Person in the Mirror



"God, sometimes it is as if I feel as if I am holding on so dear to some invisible things and not wanting to see the real thing. Broken and my heart bleeding, I come running. Running back into your arms of grace, and bowing at your nail pierced and blood stained feet.

I once held on to pride with a strong grip. However, now I’m tossing it into the shore. Where I will see it never more. I’m determined to live for so very much more. In humbleness, my tears trickle onto Your feet. Letting go of the things I tried to hide.

Giving up all my fears, I ask you to change my heart. Mold me into the person I am to become. The person I see in the mirror isn’t me. It’s been said that sometimes we have to lose ourselves to find ourselves. What are my virtues and how will I be able to hear your voice? Hear it over all of life’s noise? I want to be so love with You, my Savior. This is my desperate cry.
Jesus, you are the grace of my life. Without You, where would I be? I can’t go a single day without Your precious love.

I realized that I had to let go of EVERYTHING before You could turn me into the best me that I could possibly be. I had to let go of all my fears in order to hear Your voice and to know and find Your will. I was letting other things overtake me where I no longer had a photograph of the person I wanted to be. To gain integrity and to become the person God designed me to be, I had to kneel in surrender.

I found myself, Jesus. Now things don’t always seem clear, but I rest assured, knowing my Savior is ever so near. I no longer conform to this world, but I ask you to transform me by the renewing of my mind so that I may be able to test and approve what Your will is.

It’s like I can feel You shining through me. How can I keep from shining? How can I keep from singing? You are my life. I see Your grace ready to forgive. I am learning what is pure and noble. I saw what I didn’t want my character to become. Also, You showed me Your love. Most of all, I learned that NOTHING is impossible with You. I resolve to do hard things for Your glory. I just found myself. There is no turning around. My feet are planted on this solid ground.

And Jesus, when I look in the mirror tonight, I like what I see, because I see You staring right back at me. "

Written by Stacie










9 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow,

Stacie,
that was amazing. God has really given you a gift to write. That was really good, and it was a great reminder to give up the things that I want.

The Sisters said...

That was a really nice poem Stacie!!

~Holly&Katie~

The Sisters said...

Hi Stacie,
Just wanted to let ya know we got a link to your blog on our links!!

~Holly&Katie~

Jennifer said...

Wow Stacie! That was one of the most well versed poems I have ever read. How powerful, with such passion.

I particularlly love the phrase:
"Giving up all my fears, I ask you to change my heart. Mold me into the person I am to become." What an awesome request, one that our Lord grants so eagerly is we are also willing.

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Your words have been a blessing today, and I'll definitely be stopping by again soon!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kristi said...

Stacie,
You are such an inspiration to me. I loved reading some of your blogs!! What a joy you have in your life knowing that the King of Kings is the reflection you see in the mirror.

Kristi

Autumn said...

You are really good at writing Stacie!

Stacie said...

Hey. thank you all for your kind comments! That's really sweet. I only write, and God gives me the words to say. He's awesome
Have a great day everyone!
ttyl
Stacie

Three Sisters Blog said...

Hi Stacie, Thank you for the comments you've left on our blog.

Kristi said...

Hi Stacie, thanks for stopping by Thimble Thoughts. Come back anytime.

How did you find Thimble Thoughts? Just curious.

My daughter looks to be around your age, maybe. She has a blog too.

http://thatsmehannah.blogspot.com

I like your blog too. I'll be coming back!

~Mrs. Kristi

Welcome to Stacie's blog~!!