Rebelling against Rebellion. That might kind of sound odd to you if you have not ever visited the Rebelution website. Alex and Brett Harris are the blog authors. It is a very inspiring website where thousands of Rebelutionaries around the world comment. I highly recommend that you check it out!
Just what is rebelling against rebellion? Rebellion is so prevalent in today's culture. Well, rebellion against rebellion is exactly what it sounds like. It is about Christians rebelling against our culture's low expectations by doing hard things.
Doing hard things. Do you, ever get tired of scraping by? Of not attaining what you know you could have? Instead we settle for less. As teenagers, we so often think, well I'm too busy now, but I'll do it later. There may not be a later. I attended a funeral a couple years ago, where a brother and sister had gotten killed in accident coming home from school one day. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but we are not promised tomorrow. In the new book that is about to be released, "Do Hard Things" by Alex and Brett, they encourage teenagers to not settle for the low expectations that our culture has set for us. What happened to breaking away from the norm, and setting an example for the believers?
"We can’t really avoid doing hard things. We can only decide when to do them and how prepared we will be to handle the hard things life brings our way. You either do the hard thing of getting prepared, or you deal with the harder thing of being unprepared. We either “do it” now, or we end up having to “deal with it” later." -Alex and Brett Harris
I believe that God is calling us to get out of our comfort zone. I have a hard time with this. How can we get out of our comfort zone? I think that it all begins with small things. Going out of our way to serve others. Speaking in front of people. Going when God says "go", etc. I think that it depends on our personalitites what would be considered our comfort zone.
Why should we even do hard things? I believe that it because Jesus called us to glorify Him. He also says in His word, in Philippians 4:13, that we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. Notice, he didn't say that we can do all easy things through him. We must do hard things for him. It doesn't always to have be some huge thing. It can start in our school work. That test we study for, the paper that we write, our talents, anything that might come hard for you. One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is: instead of giving up on things that are hard for me, I'm going to stick with it.
What is really amazing is that when we step out in faith by doing hard things for God's glory, God will bless us. It won't be easy, but let's take one step at a time together to rebelutionize our culture for the glory of Christ.
May God bless all of you all this new year!!
-Stacie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Stacie's blog~!!



1 comment:
I love your new layout. That color is kinda vintage.
I love the Rebelution too. They are very inspiring.
Post a Comment